If you’re in search of inventive April social media concepts then you definately’ve discovered it. This publish is filled with Social Media Holidays for April, with loads of social video concepts, GIFs and extra!
Easter Egg by 2M Media, Shutterstock
BY DONNA MORITZ | PUBLISHED 10th March, 2019
Posts on this weblog could include affiliate hyperlinks, which suggests we obtain a small fee without charge to you if you are going to buy via a hyperlink.
If your content material calendar is in a little bit of a hunch then this publish will enable you to search out April social media concepts for video, GIFs and extra. We’ve rounded up nationwide, worldwide, well-liked and bizarre and wacky days of celebration. There are actually 60+ concepts. Dozens of how to get inventive together with your content material.
We’ve additionally included every day, weekly and month-to-month April social media concepts to swimsuit nevertheless you prefer to run your content material. And, as at all times, we’ve listed instruments and concepts you possibly can return to at any time for later reference!
What’s Included with Our April Social Media Ideas?
Loads of assets! We’ve included the next on this publish stuffed with April Social Media Ideas:
a helpful quick-reference information to social media holidays for April. We’ve added the principle holidays to a helpful infographic! Please be happy to share this with your mates to allow them to discover their manner again to this text! an summary of April social media concepts – together with how one can create and share them. We have targeted on on concepts for social video however you may also use them for any sort of static photographs too!a listing of instruments and assets that may enable you together with your April social media concepts for content material creation!
Hot Tips for Prepping Your April Content Ahead of Time (in a Snap!)
It will be powerful to create content material month after month. It takes time! If you schedule forward and comply with these easy suggestions, it’s soooo a lot simpler.
In reality, when you comply with just a few key methods we’ve outlined under you’ll have a month’s value of content material created and scheduled out, able to go. And the very best half is that it doesn’t need to take hours and hours!
Here’s my suggestions for doing that, particularly on the subject of creating video:
Use a template. There are loads of templates out there on the instruments I’ve really useful under. Use one in every of them and use it to information you. Why spend ages making a cool design, if you end up not a designer? Instead, use a design that a designer has already signed off on, and edit the template. Edit simply the textual content or photograph or colours. Don’t go too loopy as then you definately run the chance fo ruining the design (sorry, however it’s true and that goes for me too!). Create in batches. If you’ll get right into a inventive house that leads to you creating one social video (this is applicable to photographs too), why not create two movies? or three movies? or 10-20 photographs? It’s a lot simpler to create a bunch of movies in a single sitting than to do all of them at separate instances. You have the instruments open and able to go. Keep going and do one other one!Create some brief movies for social media posts – We’re speaking brief movies of 15-30 seconds vs lengthy kind content material. If you’re in search of extra recommendation about how you can create efficient 15 second movies, try this weblog publish.Create content material that’s simply consumed. This contains quotes, suggestions or observational humour. All of those are nice for engagement, particularly on Facebook the place individuals scroll via content material at a speedy tempo.Create GIFs so as to add character to your posts. Whether creating your individual GIFs (I’ve added suggestions under) or posting one of many hundreds of thousands of GIFs within the Giphy library, including a GIF to your posts brings a variety of character and humor. You may also add them into emails or weblog posts!
Handy Reference Infographic for April Social Ideas & Holidays
Heres a fast reference information for you – that highlights crucial April Social Media Holidays. Share it or put it aside to Pinterest for later reference:
Save it to Pinterest to confer with later!
Want to see the complete 2019 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click right here.
Tips for utilizing our April Social Media Ideas
Create a social video concerning the vacation in query – You can do a Top 5 record, create a how-to video, present behind the scenes of what you are promoting (associated to the vacation in query), make a tutorial, or a smple quote video. It’s time to get inventive! Is it Pizza Day? Do a video about Pizza Fun Facts! Use a video device like Wave that can assist you.Create a enjoyable GIF that displays the vacation in query. Or share a GIF direct from GiphyCreate a picture based mostly across the vacation – a quote, meme, saying, tip, photograph that displays the celebration day or picture with textual content overlay.
In this publish we focus primarily on social video, GIFs and animated visuals, however you need to use all of this info to create some superior photographs too. You’re solely restricted by the extent of your creativeness!
We’ve additionally included extra instruments and suggestions on the finish of the publish for creating April content material. Let’s dive in!
February Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
We’ve included no less than one occasion for day-after-day in our April record of social media concepts and holidays. There’s additionally hashtags, instruments, suggestions and assets for creating visible content material all year long. This publish will likely be up to date yearly to verify dates, and we’ll add content material as we discover or create it. So hold these posts bookmarked to refer again to!
1. April Fools Day –Watch out for hoaxes and pranksters right this moment – or possibly have some enjoyable together with your viewers. #AprilFoolsDay
2. International Children’s Book Day – Held on Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday, the 2nd April, a day of celebration round youngsters’s literature and the love of studying. Find out extra right here.
It’s additionally World Autism Day – As a former Speech-Language Therapist, I assist something that celebrates and assist the superb people in our world who’ve autism. World Autism Awareness Day is held on the third April. Use the hashtag #WAAD or #WorldAutismDay and discover out extra right here.
three. National Walking Day – time to get strolling! No excuses! Held yearly on the primary Wednesday in April. #NationalWalkingDay
Oh and it’s additionally National Chocolate Mousse Day (possibly don’t do each on the similar time wink. #ChocolateMousseDay
four. Maya Angelou’s Birthday – There’s no higher day to share a well-loved Maya Angelou Quote than right this moment. We all cherished her grace and her knowledge and she or he continues to encourage every day everywhere in the web. #MayaAngelou
Or possibly make a video with a Maya Quote like this one which I created with Wave:
5. Go For Broke Day – Today is a day for taking dangers and dealing with your fears! #GoForBrokeDay.
The fifth of April can be Caramel Day, so go for broke and face your fears whereas consuming one thing caramel-icious. Or whereas consumingDeep Dish Pizza. It’s Deep Dish Pizza Day too.
Thanks to Pizzeria Uno’s founder Ike Sewellwho created the Deep Dish in Chicago in 1943.
6. National Siamese Cat Day – As somebody who grew up with a succession of character-filled, cheeky and loud Siamese Cats in the home, I’m a fan of celebrating these distinctive felines! #SiameseCat
Today can be world Caramel Popcorn Day and Pillow Fight Day!
7. World Health Day – The World Health Organisations official day to rejoice and promote well being all over the world and guaranteeing that everybody can acquire the well being care they want, wherever they dwell. Find out extra right here.
eight. International Feng Shui Awareness Day – A day to rejoice the traditional artwork and philosophy of Feng Shui, developed over three,000 years in the past in China. The definition if Merriam Webter’s dictionary is “a Chinese system for positioning a building and the objects within a building in a way that is thought to agree with spiritual forces and to bring health and happiness”. #FengShui
9. Unicorn Day – A particular Unicorn deserves a big day. Have enjoyable with this one – whether or not it’s speaking about “Unicorn” companies to fantastical creatures. #UnicornDay.
And when you’re in search of an excuse to publish a robust quote, it’s additionally Winston Churchill Day.
10. National Sibling Day – a day to rejoice all issues siblings. #SiblingDay
It’s additionally Encourage a Young Writer Day if in case you have some content material round writing and literature to share as a part of your April Social Media Ideas.
11. National Pet Day – A day to rejoice all issues pets! (US-based vacation) #NationalPetDay
12. International Day of Human Space Flight – right this moment is all concerning the surprise of house flight all over the world. #InternationalDayOfHumanSpaceFlight
By the best way, NASA have a Giphy Channel. Check out their GIF Stickers right here – you possibly can seek for them through Instagram Stories (use #NASA and/or #Space). Want so as to add a sizzling solar to your Story? There’s a NASA Sticker for that:
Want to publish some enjoyable NASA GIFs – there’s loads of these too that can assist you together with your April social media concepts … like a Mars panorama:
or some NASA impressed romance:
13. Scrabble Day – Word masters, seize your boards (or tiles) and create scrabble-related content material. #Scrabble #ScrabbleDay
14. Dolphin Day – a day to rejoice in addition to shield dolphins. #DolphinDay is widely known all over the world as an unofficial vacation round our human-like buddies of the ocean.
15. World Art Day – Today is #WorldArtDay – Find out extra right here.
16. Wear Your PJs to Work Day – It’s time to get informal at work! #PJDay
17. Banana Day – all issues bananas in celebration of this well-liked fruit. Also well-liked with Minions. #BananaDay
18. National High Five Day – Held on the third Thursday of April yearly – a vacation about spreading good vibes and sharing excessive fives. Started in 2002 on the University of Virginia when a gaggle of scholars gave out high-fives all day lengthy. Find out extra right here. #HighFiveDay
19. Good Friday – a well-liked worldwide vacation the world spherical. Today is #GoodFriday.
20. Look-a-like-Day – an excellent day to speak about about twins, cloning, copycats, and who appears like whol. Here’s a enjoyable video about Dopelgangers!
It’s additionally Chinese Language Day – recognised by the United Nations it seeks to rejoice multilingualism and cultural range in addition to celebrating Chinese as one of many six official languages of the Organization.
21. Easter Sunday – Easter Sunday is widely known the world over and can be the day the Easter Bunny does his factor!
It’s additionally National Tea Day within the UK – rejoice with a cuppa!
22. Earth Day – Earth Day 2019 is on April 22nd. Find out extra right here. #EarthDay
Oh and it’s additionally Jelly Bean Day. Find out extra right here.
23. Talk Like Shakespeare Day – Yes, there’s a day for speaking like Shakespeare. Find out extra right here and right here.
It’s becoming that additionally it is World Book Day right this moment on the day that Shakespeare died – so we’ve included it as one in every of our April social media concepts.
24. World Stationery Day – If you’re a lover of all issues paper merchandise, and stationery, right this moment is your day to get excited! #StationeryDay
Why not add some journal like to your Instagram Stories right this moment. Stickers like this one by See You on the Moon on Giphy will be discovered by looking out #Stationery #Journals:
25. Anzac Day #AnzacDay
For Australian’s and New Zealanders, this can be a big day on the annual calendar – ANZAC Day, a day of remembrance for the Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in any of our wars, conflicts, or peacekeeping operations. Many Australians will attend a Dawn Service advertising and marketing the touchdown at Gallipoli in WWI.
It’s additionally World Penguin Day. Find out extra right here.
or how about looking out the Giphy Account for BBC America for some GIFtastic GIFs like this one:
26. Pretzel Day – If you don’t know why I’m posting a video about Sienfeld right here, then we most likely can’t be buddies wink But significantly, it’s doubtless that Pretzel Day will entice this inevitable pretzel feedback. #Pretzel Day
27. Prime Ribs Day – Rib Lovers Unite! #primeribs
28. Pay it ahead day – This day now attracts individuals from over 100 international locations all taking time to point out somewhat kindness on this world and pay it ahead. Find out about it right here.
29. International Dance Day – Talk about all issues dance right this moment! #InternationalDanceDay
30. International Jazz Day – right this moment is a day for celebrating all issues Jazz. Find out extra right here and how you can jazz up your occasions!
April Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Months
Here’s a fast record of April month-long holidays to dive into to search out week-long social media concepts:
Active Dog MonthAutism Awareness MonthPoetry MonthInternational Customer Loyalty MonthNational Pet MonthJazz Appreciation MonthInternational Guitar MonthAlcohol Awareness MonthHave fun Diversity Month
April Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks
Here’s a fast record of April week-long holidays to dive into for social media concepts:
Garden Week – 27th April to 4th MightNational Public Health Week – starting the first Sunday in AprilNational Bake Week – starting the primary Monday in April
Video and Animation Tools for Creating Video Content
Need some fast and straightforward instruments for creating video? These will enable you to transform your content material concepts into movies and GIFs very quickly in any respect!
Wave is my go-to video device for creating simple social movies. I like utilizing their template library (the place many of the movies I create in these posts come from), their big library of photograph and video inventory photographs and audio library.
I additionally love which you could simply add moveable textual content or stickers to your content material. There are so many extra options to Wave however you possibly can test it out right here or learn my full overview right here.
Giphy is THE finest place to search out GIFs on-line utilizing their GIF library. Go their web site and search on the hashtags you’re in search of to search out nice GIFs. Get inventive together with your hashtag combos and also you’ll discover all types of cool GIFs from creators and types too.
I even have a branded Giphy Channel for Socially Sorted so a few of the GIFs in these Content Calendar Posts are saved into my Giphy Channel so that you can share.
Hot Tip: You may also seek for GIFs from Giphy through Twitter, Instagram Stories and Facebook posts (together with GIF stickers from model channels like mine). If you search #SociallySorted you’ll discover a few of my GIFs or we’ll share the hyperlinks in these posts too.
EzGif is one in every of my favorite GIF Editing Tools. It makes it tremendous simple to create GIFs from photographs, edit and a a number of completely different capabilities. You may also convert GIFs to MP4 format.
I take advantage of Easil to create most of my GIFs and I find it irresistible as a result of I cannot solely animate textual content however I can animate photographs, filters, icons, graphics and extra. It’s like a inventive pic-n-mix!
Want extra Calendar Ideas?
You can see a full record of Social Media Holidays on this publish.
Over to You
Do you publish on the fly or schedule your content material out just a few weeks forward? What are your favorite April Social Media Holidays and have we missed any? Let me know within the feedback!
Easter Egg by 2M Media through ShutterstockThe following two tabs change content material under.
Donna is the founding father of Socially Sorted, winner of Best Business Blog in Australia 2014 and a Top 10 Social Media Blog for Social Media Examiner, 2015-2017. She helps manufacturers leverage the ability of visible storytelling and content material technique of their enterprise. Her content material has been featured in publications resembling Forbes and Entrepreneur Online and she or he is a contributor to Social Media Examiner. Donna speaks about digital and visible content material for the advertising and marketing and tourism industries internationally.