Ready to rock with August social media concepts? We’ve featured a great deal of them on this publish. It’s full of Social Media Holidays for the month of August – together with social media publish concepts, video concepts, GIFs and extra, prepared so that you can schedule.
Watermelon on Plate by DepositPhotos.
BY DONNA MORITZ | PUBLISHED JULY 12, 2019
Posts on this weblog might comprise affiliate hyperlinks, which implies we obtain a small fee for free of charge to you if you are going to buy via a hyperlink.
This is a jam-packed publish, filled with standard, nationwide and worldwide holidays for the whole month of August. We’ve additionally added many uncommon, bizarre (and lesser recognized) August social media concepts and days of celebration. In reality, general, you’ll discover 60+ completely different concepts on this publish to get your inventive juices flowing.
We’ve acquired calendar concepts for each single day in July, in addition to concepts for weekly and month-to-month holidays – so that you’re totally lined. We’ve additionally added some instruments and concepts, so this publish is price coming again to yr after yr.
What Comes With our August Social Media Ideas
Here’s what you possibly can anticipate from these August Social Media Ideas:
we’ve shared an infographic so you possibly can shortly seize social media holidays for the month.there’s an summary of the entire month of August social media concepts – together with concepts for what to create and how one can share the content material. This publish is concentrated primarily on concepts for social video and GIFs however most of the concepts will also be used for picture posts. there’s additionally a bonus record of sources and instruments that will help you create visuals for a great deal of Social Media Holidays!
You can try our different month-to-month social media concepts posts right here:
Tips for Prepping Your August Content Quickly
Creating content material can take a LOT of time, however for those who schedule content material forward it helps significantly to streamline all the pieces. The following ideas will assist to make it simpler for you.
Get prepped with an entire month of content material – that’s content material that’s created, scheduled, and prepped to publish, in a lot much less time than you assume. Here are just a few ideas for doing that, particularly in relation to creating video:
Use templates – it makes it simpler! Many DIY Design instruments have templates as a part of your subscription. Use them! Of course, you might design all the pieces from scratch, however non-designers can discover that difficult. And it takes hours! Instead, use a design template that the designer has created. Edit it and customise it in your personal! Focus on modifying the fundamentals – the textual content/inventory imagery/picture/background video – in addition to colours and fonts. If you retain it easy, you gained’t wreck the design. Batch all of the issues (and your photographs!). It’s a lot simpler for those who sit down and create a couple of video or picture or GIF at a time. You’re already making one, why no more? Make probably the most of it if you open up these design instruments! Create short-form video in your social networks – begin with shorter, social video. Even 15-30 seconds is lengthy sufficient for many social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Then progress to longer movies or YouTube size long-format video when you might have the time to take action.Create superior that you understand your viewers will love. Share issues we like to share – like questions, quotes, how-to movies, enjoyable observational humour or useful ideas. GIFs add some spark to your publish – so create them. GIFs add character. You can discover GIFs from Giphy’s big library of GIF designs and they’re nice for including into emails, web sites, messages, and social posts. They add humour and character to your storytelling. Always share instantly from Giphy to provide credit score and views to the creator.
Quick Guide Infographic to August Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Here’s a fast reference information to August Social Media Holidays. Share it or reserve it to Pinterest for later reference:
Share away, however please hyperlink to this publish + credit score Socially Sorted.
Want the complete 2019 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click right here.
Tips for utilizing this publish stuffed with August Social Media Ideas
Create video across the holidays in August – you are able to do a preferred Top 5 record, create a how-to video, or go behind the scenes along with your content material (associated to an August vacation). Or create tutorials or quote movies. Is it National Book Lovers Day? Share your favourite newest learn. Create GIFs across the August vacation in query. Share a GIF direct from the library in GiphyCreate photographs – Popular kinds of photographs embody quotes, memes, sayings, ideas, or photographs that mirror the celebration day. Images with textual content overlays are standard.
In this publish, we’re focusing primarily on social video (in addition to GIFs and animations). Remember that you should use this info to create photographs too. Get inventive with it.
I’ve included instruments and ideas beneath that will help you to create August content material. Let’s dive in and get it began.
August Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
I’ve included no less than one celebration “day” or vacation for daily of August on this record. June record of social media concepts and holidays (and some extras). There are additionally hashtags, ideas, instruments and sources for creating visible content material in 2019.
1. Spiderman Day – Is your spidey sense working? Today is all about your pleasant neighbourhood Spiderman. And given the newest Marvel motion pictures, Spiderman is all the time a preferred superhero! Find out extra right here.
It’s additionally Respect for Parents Day and National Girlfriend’s Day.
Oh, and World Wide Web Day. Where would we be with out it, hey? Probably offline having fun with life much more, hehe.
2. National Coloring Book Day – use the hashtag #NationalColoringBookDay.
It’s additionally International Beer Day. Cheers!
three. Watermelon Day – It’s all about juicy, pink watermelon at this time. The humble watermelon is as standard as flamingos and pineapples recently so any social media publish with a watermelon theme ought to do effectively.
Need a template for making a cool watermelon day video? Try utilizing this watermelon template in wave.video. Open Wave and search in Templates > Restaurants & Food:
Share some information about Watermelon Day with this template in “restaurants & food”.
Or perhaps share a fast watermelon tip. I really like how Good Morning America shares fast cooking hacks like this watermelon slicing tip, on their Giphy account:
It’s additionally Sandcastle Day for those who really feel like constructing one.
four. National Chocolate Chip Day – Not that we’d like an excuse however sure, it’s one other chocolate day!
It’s additionally Friendship Day, and National Kids Day (Hooray for Kids Day)
5. National Oyster Day – Love them or hate them, at this time is the day to publish about Oysters!
It’s additionally National Underwear Day. Ooh, La La.
6. Hiroshima Day – Today is the day to recollect the bombing of Hiroshima but in addition for anti-war and anti-nuclear discussions.
It’s additionally National Night Out and National Root Beer Float Day (in case you are within the US).
7. Professional Speakers Day – Celebrate your favorite audio system.
It’s additionally Lighthouse Day and Purple Heart Day.
eight. International Cat Day – if there ever was a day to publish a cat meme, that is it.
It’s additionally The Day to Create and Dalek Day (Dr Who followers, get excited!).
9. National Book Lover’s Day – Use the hashtag #NationalBookLoversDay if you publish about all issues books and the love of books. Maybe share a video like this one about being a ebook nerd:
This video was made with my favorite video device. Check it out!
It’s additionally the International Day of the World’s Indigenous People, so price sharing one thing to acknowledge the primary residents of our lands, regardless of the place we reside on this planet.
10. S’mores Day – Crack out the s’mores provides. Today is the day for all issues marshmallow, graham crackers and chocolate. Hint: my favorite mixture is definitely a sandwich of chocolate pretzels with cooked marshmallow in between. Sooooo good with a touch of salt!
It’s a very good factor that additionally it is National Lazy Day as you’ll be in a sugar + meals coma after consuming s’mores. Use the hashtag #NationalLazyDay.
Oh, and it’s World Lion Day too. Find out extra right here. ,
11. National Sons and Daughters Day – use hashtag #SonsAndDaughtersDay
It’s additionally National Hip Hop Day and Gay Uncles Day.
12. International Youth Day – Celebrate the world’s youth at this time and use the hashtag #WorldYouthDay.
It’s additionally World Elephant Day – to have fun these great, mild, loving, giants. Use the hashtag #WorldElephantDay. Or for those who like nostalgia, it’s Vinyl Record Day too.
13. International Left-Handers Day – Lefties unite! Today is your day and the day to have fun being a left-hander. Maybe do a publish about well-known left-handers, or share in case you are a left-0hander.
It’s additionally Prosecco Day. Cheers! Maybe share some Prosecco recipes like these from Proper Tasty,
14. International Rose Day – In case you didn’t get sufficient Prosecco on the 13th, now you can bask in a pleasant glass of Rosé.
15. National Relaxation Day – If you may be bothered posting on National Relaxation Day, use the hashtag #NationalRelaxationDay. Maybe you’ll provide you with extra August Social Media concepts whereas stress-free.
It’s additionally National Best Friend’s Day. Yay… calm down along with your greatest mates. And it’s National Lemon Meringue Pie Day. Relax and eat lemon meringue pie with your folks.
16. National Tell a Joke Day – Use the hashtag #NationalTellAJokeDay, and let unfastened along with your greatest jokes.
It’s additionally National Rum Day. Cocktail, anybody?
17. International Geocaching Day – If you haven’t found geocaching but (as an grownup or a child) and you’re keen on adventures and fixing puzzles… you’ll wish to test it out. It’s a location-based sport that has outlived Pokemon Go in lots of international locations.
It’s additionally World Honey Bee Day, and that is tremendous essential… we have to shield our bees, like our lives rely upon it (as a result of they do!). World Bee Day in May however this can be a second consciousness day when beekeepers, beekeeping golf equipment and associations, (in addition to honey bee fans) within the US have fun honey bees (and the beekeepers) and acknowledge their contribution to our on a regular basis lives.
18. Serendipity Day – Believe in Serendipity? Talk about it at this time. #SerendipityDay.
It’s additionally National Fajita Day, so get away your fajitas, guac and chips and margaritas!
19. World Photo Day – You shouldn’t have any hassle eager about what to publish on World Photo Day… um…. a photograph maybe? It was a no brainer to incorporate this in our August Social Media Ideas. It’s a very good factor that our social media platforms love photographs! Go loopy on Instagram at this time! Use the hashtag #WorldPhotoDay.
it’s additionally World Humanitarian Day (use #WorldHumanitarianDay), Orangutan Day, Aviation Day, and Cupcake Day. Phew, that’s lots of days on the 19th this yr!
20. National Lemonade Day – Got a very good story about your early years in enterprise (or working a lemonade stand?). Use the hashtag #NationalLemonadeDay.
Speaking of lemons, I really like this tip for how one can minimize lemons to keep away from squeezing out the seeds:
It’s additionally National Radio Day. How far we’ve come from radio to podcasts! And additionally a return to what we’ve got all the time liked on the similar time!
21. Senior Citizens Day – Use the hashtag #SeniorCitizensDay.
It’s additionally Poets Day. Share your favorite poem or poet. Maybe create a fast video like this one beneath which I did, utilizing Wave.video, my favorite video creation device.
22. Be an Angel Day – Use the hashtag #BeAnAngelDay.
It’s additionally Eat a Peach Day. Share your favorite peach recipe, or simply get pleasure from a recent, juicy peach! #EatAPeachDay.
23. Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and it’s Abolition. – Unesco based Slave Trade Remembrance Day to remind us concerning the historical past of slavery and to proceed consciousness about abolishing slavery worldwide, because it nonetheless exists. You can discover out about it right here.
24. Shooting Star Day – use this as an excuse to speak about success … or house!
25. National Kiss and Make Up Day – Time to make up and let it go!
It’s additionally National Whiskey Sour Day and Waffle Day. #WaffleDay
26. National Dog Day – time to publish or speak about your pleasant pooch!
It’s additionally National Women’s Equality Day – use the hashtag #Womens EqualityDay.
27. Global Forgiveness Day – Today is all about forgiveness. Use the hashtag #GlobalForgivenessDay.
Why.. simply because. It’s additionally Just Because Day, funnily sufficient.
28. National Bow Tie Day – use the hashtag #NationalBowTieDay.
It’s additionally Red Wine Day. Because we will’t have too many wine days in August.
29. International Day Against Nuclear Tests. Find out extra on the United Nations Website right here.
It’s additionally Lemon Juice Day. If life offers you lemons.. add them to your August Social Media Ideas! Why not share one thing lemon-themed. Maybe a quote or perhaps a fast how-to recipe.
30. National Toasted Marshmallow Day – a favourite for youths and adults the world over, at this time is an efficient day to toast some marshmallows.
It’s additionally National Grief Awareness Day and Frankenstein Day and International Whale Shark Day and National Beach Day, to call just a few.
31. International Bacon Day – judging by the variety of folks all over the world which are obsessive about bacon, you’d assume that 365 days per yr had been “Bacon Day”. But apparently, that is the official day. Use #BaconDay. ,
Share some enjoyable information about bacon – there are many movies like this one stuffed with bacon trivia:
What’s a bacon video with out a cameo from Kevin Bacon?
It’s additionally apparently Eat Outside Day. So… eat some BLTs outdoors!
August Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Months
Use this fast record of August months to search out month-long social media concepts:
Cataract Awareness MonthHousehold Fun MonthHouse Business MonthNational Breastfeeding MonthNational Eat Dessert First MonthNational Golf MonthNational Wellness MonthProfessional Speakers Month
Use this fast record of August weeks to search out week-long social media concepts:
World Breastfeeding Week (begins August 1st) International Clown Week (1-7 August)Elvis Presley Week (9-17 August)Be Kind to HumanKind Week (24th to 31st August)
Mobile Apps for Creating Video Content
Want extra instruments and ideas for video? Try these posts:
17 Apps for creating Instagram Stories that Stand Out (you should use these apps for extra than simply Instagram Stories!).
Ultimate List of 99 Video Ideas to Inspire You – this publish is packed filled with concepts for subjects and themes you possibly can create video about.
Desktop Video Tools:
Check out these video instruments that will help you create movies and GIFs utilizing the dates above – on desktop:
Need extra Social Media Holiday and Calendar Ideas?
Check out the complete record of Social Media Holidays on this publish:
Grab the complete 12 month infographic and calendar summaries on this publish.
Over to You
Do you schedule your social media content material forward? What are your Favourite August Social Media holidays?
Love this publish? Save it to Pinterest with this picture!
The following two tabs change content material beneath.
Donna is the founding father of Socially Sorted, listed by Forbes as a “Top 5 Social Media Blog You Need to Know About in 2019”. She helps manufacturers leverage the ability of visible storytelling and content material technique of their enterprise. Donna’s content material has been featured in publications resembling Forbes and Entrepreneur Online and he or she is a contributor to Social Media Examiner. Donna speaks about digital and visible content material for the advertising and tourism industries internationally.